Spouse Visa in Thailand

If you’ve decided that Thailand is the right place for you and you want to stay long-term, there are a few options available. These include the Elite, Marriage, and Retirement visas.

Spouse Visa in Thailand

The spouse visa, or Non-Immigrant O Dependent visa is a popular option for foreigners looking to stay in Thailand for a long period of time with their Thai partner. As you might expect, it comes with some immigration responsibilities, but it also costs much less than other visa options like the Retirement and Elite visas.

You can apply for this visa from any country that has a embassy or consulate in Thailand. You will need to show that you have a Thai partner and meet certain documentary and financial requirements.

This visa is usually sought by older men who are looking to move to Thailand for the first time and want to marry a Thai woman. It is important to remember that the marriage must be legal in Thailand and you should check with your local authorities if there are any restrictions on the type of visa you can get before pursuing this route.

As a rule of thumb, you should apply for the visa at least three months before your wedding so that the process can be completed smoothly and on time. You should be prepared to submit a lot of paperwork, including proof of your relationship, a map of your home, and photos of you and your wife together.

Getting the Visa

The process of obtaining a spouse visa in Thailand is fairly straightforward. You should start by applying for a 90-day or one year visa from a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country or country of residence. This can be done online or in person at any of our offices.

After you have been granted your visa, you will need to report to the immigration office every 90 days so that they can monitor your status. You must also get a re-entry permit before you leave the country. If you do not have a re-entry permit, you will not be permitted to return to Thailand.

If you’re a US citizen, you can bring your Thai fiance or wife to the United States on a K-1 visa. Once she enters the United States, she will receive a ‘Green Card’ and a work permit.

While most of our clients are US citizens, this option is open to all nationalities, including those from countries that do not have a relationship with the United States. If you are interested in bringing your Thai fiance to the United States, please contact our team at UnionSPACE Thailand to learn more about how we can help you through the process.

The US visa application for a Thai spouse is fairly complex and requires a considerable amount of paperwork. The fiance will need to have a criminal record check performed and fingerprints taken. She will also need to meet the US Immigration Officers in Bangkok for an interview.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *